see the full outfit post here!
1. Supplies: Jean Shorts, Star Stencils (we used Simply Stencils), Painters Tape, Red + White Fabric Paint (we used Simply Spray), and a Paint Brush (a foam brush works well)
3. Place a peice of newspaper inside the shorts so that no paint bleeds through on to the back side of your shorts.
4. Spray the fabric paint on to another peice of newspaper, enough to coat your paint brush over and over. Apply paint to your foam brush, and using your stencil, paint on your stars in white. Make sure to hold down the stencil (or even tape it down) to ensure crisp edges.
5. Tape off the right side of the jean, one stripe at a time, and paint on stripes with the red paint. Make sure your tape is firmly attached to the jean to ensure crisp edges. (I can't stress this enough. I messed mine up the first time because my tape wasn't attached well enough, so I sprayed the entire right side red and applied white stripes once the red had dried entirely.) Also, make sure to tape off the pockets, belt loops and waist band.
6. Let it dry!
7. Have a Happy Fourth of July!