You might remember these fancy pictures of me in New York with my friend Tammy a while back on Instagram. Now, I’m finally able to share what we were working on – A hair tutorial video with Garnier! Garnier is a brand that I think we’ve all used countless times and I was super excited to try out some of their newest products before they hit the shelves. With a little help from the Garnier team, I learned how to use the Garnier Fructis Texture Tease to create a messy pony tail, and then tried out my new skills on Tammy. The “Roughed Up Pony,” is a perfect summer hairstyle and, you know me, I love any hair style that has “messy” as a main component. I think every girl needs a perfectly undone hair style to turn to. Check out my newest video below to see the messy pony live in action, and I’ve also listed the steps out for you below! If you do happen to try this hairstyle (this weekend?), be sure to share it with us on Instagram @TheFashionablyBroke. We’d love to see your skills!
Funny Story: I brought a suitcase FULL of clothes for this shoot, but ended up wearing the two things I bought at a T.J.Maxx in Brooklyn the day before. #typical
How To: Roughed Up Pony Tail with Garnier Fructis Texture Tease Spray
1. Evenly spray the Texture Tease throughout your hair. Tip: Flip your hair away and spray at the roots to get that extra volume.
2. Using your fingers, work the spray through your hair to create that great texture and volume you want in your pony.
3. Pull your hair back into a loose, pony tail about half way down from the crown of your head.
4. Tug on a few of the top sections to create some extra height. As you’ll see, it already looks like you teased your hair but you didn’t even pick up a comb!
5. Spray the Texture Tease spray all throughout the body of your pony tail.
6. Using your fingers again, scrunch the pony to give it a messy, tousled look.
Also, I’m working on an upcoming post featuring the Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray, so check back in for another summer hairstyle tutorial soon!