SHOP THE POST:
As some of you may, or may not know, I decided early this year to pursue blogging full time - Yay! Over the past four years, I've put in countless hours to this blog & have been able to turn it into a business. I realized it was time to finally take the leap and give my blog (and business) the time and attention it deserved. It was the scariest leap I've ever taken. But nothing has ever felt so right.
As a self-employed business owner, getting a good night's sleep is more important than ever. Prior to leaving my full time job, I wasn't sleeping well & often felt more tired than I should have (mostly due to the stress of essentially working two jobs). It was time to change that. Because without a good night's rest, how was I going to wake up every morning and be productive? And it's not that hard to get a good night's sleep after all. So, I thought I would share some of my tips for getting better sleep at night.
Full disclosure, what I'm doing may not be necessarily "right," but it's what has worked for me!
1. The 1-hour Rule: Get in bed an hour before you want to fall asleep to allow your mind enough time to fully decompress.
2. The 2-hour Rule: Don't eat two hours before bedtime. It's not only bad for digestion, but certain foods can make it really hard for you to fall asleep after eating them (like fatty foods, acidic foods and sugar).
3. Disconnect: I've been skipping the late night scroll through Instagram or Snapchat, and it's helped a lot. I keep magazines and books next to my bed now. They're just as enjoyable but without the harsh, blue light.
4. Sleepytime Tea: I've found that indulging in something soothing, that I enjoy, helps me relax. Having a hot cup of tea before bed also helps distract me from using my phone or eating a naughty late night snack.
5. Quality Bedding: Quality of your mattress is not only important, but your sheets & pillowcases are too. I'm currently sleeping on SACHI bedding, a luxury bedding brand without the high price tag.
And I've found #5 to be super important for me - Sleeping on quality bedding. Just as I buy clothes that feel good on my body, it works the same way with sheets and pillow cases. Sleeping on SACHI sheets feels like an expensive hotel bed. I love that they work directly with the factories that manufacture many of the high-end bedding brands so they can keep costs low & quality high. Pictured above is the SACHI Sateen Sheet Set, made of 100% Extra Long Staple Cotton, true 500 TC Sateen weave (single-ply, no gimmicks), and eco-friendly. This set comes in a variety of classic colors and there's even coordinating duvet covers.
If you're in the market for new bedding, I recommend you give SACHI a try! I know you will love it as much as I have. You can even order free swatches here. And SACHI is giving The Fashionably Broke readers an exclusive discount: Use the code 'FASHIONABLYBROKE' for $25 off any Sheet Set, valid until April 30th 2016. Happy resting!
Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with SACHI.