Today’s my birthday! I’m currently packing for NYC tomorrow for a big shoot – I can’t wait. But tonight I’ll be celebrating with my family at the Nationals vs. Yankees game. I thought it would be fun to do something different than just a dinner. Plus, last year’s birthday really can’t be topped…
I thought it would be fun to share 31 things about me that you might not know today since I’m turning 31! 31 feels (and sounds) much older than 30, I’ll admit. I’m pretty sure we miscalculated somewhere and I’m actually a lot younger. But, either way, I’m feeling grateful and looking forward to hopefully another amazing year ahead! I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little better in this post. 🙂
1. I’ve always lived in Northern Virginia, except for 6 months when I lived in the Outerbanks, North Carolina.
2. My fun fact/ice breaker is always that my mom’s maiden last name is Ferrari and my dad’s (and my) last name is Pinto. Get it?
3. I was a cheerleader in high school. I was petrified of flying but I did it anyways and I would give anything to be able to do it again! I also played soccer and lacrosse growing up.
4. I have one younger sister, Erika. She’s my best friend in the whole world and I’m obsessed with her. I wish we were twins (In my mind, we are).
5. Wes and I met in college and have been dating for almost 11 years! And, yes, we want to get married. One day. 😉
6. I have two dogs, Flower and Gracie. They’re both Maltipoos! Wes got me Flower for Christmas in 2008. I wanted a dog so badly after my childhood dog, Buffy (a Toy Poodle) passed away. I didn’t think Wes would get me one and up to the day before he finally gave me her I was still looking for dogs in the paper. Little did I know my parents had had Flower at her house for 2 weeks! My mom said one time I showed up to their house unannounced and they had to quickly lock her in the laundry room. Good thing I don’t do laundry… When my entire family showed up at our apartment door with a box wrapped with holes poked in it I about died. One of my best memories ever was Flower’s tiny head popping up out of the box wearing a pink Santa hat. Gracie, I sort of bought on a whim. I had been thinking of getting Flower a friend and Erika sent me a photo of Gracie saying, “Female Maltipoo on sale!” I went to the pet shop and instantly fell in love with her. You know I love a good sale.
7. I’m allergic to cats but I pet them anyways because I love animals!
8. I worry about everything and it’s only gotten worse as I get older. It’s my #1 thing I’m always working on about myself (And the reason I’m in no rush to have kids!).
9. I have the best and most stylish grandma in the world. If you know Dede, you know.
10. I have 11 cousins on my mom’s side, plus 8 aunt’s and uncles. We’re all super close and grew up together. We’re a big, crazy Italian family and I love it!
11. I LOVE to sing and dance. And I have my aunt Chantal to mostly thank for it, she was always teaching me dance routines and singing with me on the karaoke machine I got one year for Christmas.
12. The only instrument I can play (well) is the piano.
13. I was obsessed with Britney Spears (and still am). If you’ve never seen her live, I HIGHLY recommend it.
14. I’ve never traveled outside of the country (except for Puerto Rico, but that’s still technically a U.S. territory). I’m hoping to go to Italy soon for our first Euro trip (Send me your rec’s!)!
15. Wes is half-Puerto Rican, so I’ve been to PR three times and seen most of the island and I LOVE it there. I can’t wait to go back.
16. My favorite meal is pizza.
17. My drink of choice is red wine or an extra dirty Tito’s martini.
18. I went to George Mason University and studied Business Marketing.
19. You could say Wes & I really dragged our college years out. It took us both almost five years to graduate and then we moved to the beach for 6 months afterwards before moving back home and getting “real jobs.”
20. All throughout college I worked as a cocktail waitress at various college bars in town. I loved it! I had so many friends, never had to pay cover charges when I went out anywhere, and made tons of cash. But seriously, why did I stop waitressing again?
21. I lied on an interview once and said I had bartending experience to get a job at one of the busiest bars on the beach in the Outerbanks. I’m sure some of my drinks tasted weird and I definitely over-poured many people. Oops! But it was such a fun job (Minus the whole getting off at 5am thing).
22. My first job was an Executive Assistant and I got to work with my mom. She was also an EA at the time and our cubicles were connected! It was hilarious and so fun. For a few months we even lived together and worked together. I wasn’t complaining though because she drove me to work and my dad would make my coffee in the morning. Winning!
23. I’m a full-time blogger and I also do freelance social media consulting. (Read my blogging story here)
24. I’m not a morning person at all. I love to stay up late and I could sleep all day if I could!
25. I loveeee my birthday. Who doesn’t right? Last year my family and friends threw me a surprise 30th birthday party and it was the best. thing. ever!
26. I started highlighting my hair when I was 14 and I have no clue what my natural hair color is anymore.
27. I’ve been obsessed with one-piece bathing suits forever. One time, I won a bikini contest in college… in a one-piece. LOL. I was so fun in my twenties…
28. Now, my Saturday night’s are usually spent with Netflix and a glass (or three) of vino!
29. Wes and I would love to move somewhere warm and by a beach. We’ve looked at apartments and houses in Charleston, SC, but neither of us want to move away from our families. Maybe one day!
30. When I was 28 I was diagnosed with Stage 0 Melanoma, so I will never go in a tanning bed ever again. (Read my story here)
31. I feel truly blessed to be able to do a job that I love. But, mostly, I’m thankful for good health and lots of love in my life.